Thoughts on professional society memberships

Subject: Thoughts on professional society memberships
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:13:08 -0600

Gang,

I _DO NOT_ want to start a flame war or any kind of
assorted nastiness with this question....please,
let's don't get into the variety of rudeness
vis a vis some professional societies that we've seen
in the past.

I'm looking into an additional professional society
membership, to augment/supplement/balance STC
membership. I'd be quite interested in any comments
or feedback that anyone has about the publications,
other benefits, membership perks, or other considerations
for IEEE PCS or ACM SIGDOC (and possibly also the
Web/Hypertext SIG from ACM).

As you know, I'm a writer leaning heavily to the technical,
and most involved in the traditional Silicon Valley-type
industries, so these two seemed like good fits.

Thanks for any comments you can offer...
Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
UNIX Visual QuickStart Guide is "a superb book!"
Don't believe it? Check for yourself!
Find out more at http://www.raycomm.com/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=