PDF---Adding a graphic and linking to online help

Subject: PDF---Adding a graphic and linking to online help
From: Melinda Allen <MelindaA -at- MOBIUSG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:42:13 -0400

I have two PDF 4.0 questions:

1. Is there any way to add a small graphic to an existing PDF page? My
company's software produces reports. We want to explain specific sections of
these reports in a PDF. (PDF is the only way we can capture these reports.)
To do this, we want to add numbers (Wingding text or as a captured graphic)
over report columns. I tried selecting the Touchup Text Tool and
CRTL+clicking, but it doesn't work for me. Checking Adobe's product support
Web pages, they don't know why if works for some people and not for others.

2. We ship an online PDF user's guide with our software. The guide is a
conceptual manual and our online help is solely task-oriented. (We use
RoboHELP 7.0.) We want to link the two. Is there a way to call a specific
help topic from a PDF? Is there a way to point to a specific page in a PDF
from the online help? I know about destinations and use it in HTML, but how
about from a help system?

Any input would be greatly appreciated---I've been driving myself crazy
trying to come up with solutions to these problems! Please respond directly
to me since I get the digest version. I will post responses to the list.

Melinda Allen
Technical Communicator
Mobius Group, a unit of CheckFree Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC
http://www.mobiusg.com
melinda -at- mobiusg -dot- com

"An A is just three sticks to the uneducated."
---Eeyore

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=