Re: career development advice

Subject: Re: career development advice
From: Andrea Ridgley <ridgleya -at- NETSCOUT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:48:02 -0400

Corinne,

When you say "improving tech writing skills" do you mean improving your own
writing skills or improving the skills of your group? I've had managers
who try to write and manage the group at the same time so that they don't
fall behind as a writer. Judging from the way they try to wear both hats,
I personally think this is a mistake. I don't think you can be a good
writer AND a good manager, especially in a hectic environment. The captain
of a ship can't navigate and row at the same time!

Just my two cents.

- Andrea

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=