Re: Why keep your platform a secret?

Subject: Re: Why keep your platform a secret?
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:05:02 -0700

I've given up sending private messages to people
asking what platform they are using when this
information is required to offer advice. Not
everyone in this group uses Word on a PC.

The current thread on Framemaker macros is an example.
I assume Dave is using a PC, because the UNIX version
goes into much detail about macros. Or is he using a Mac?

Other times there are requests for help about document
management systems, flow chart programs, how to index,
and on and on. If you need help, tell us what platform
you use, unless the question makes it obvious.

Thanks, gang.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- ebay -dot- sun -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=