Telecommuniting: Dialling up my PC network on a Macintosh

Subject: Telecommuniting: Dialling up my PC network on a Macintosh
From: Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- XANTREX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:32:03 -0700

Folks,

I'll be working from home for a few days per week. I want access to the
company mail server, etc.
I could do this if I ran Windows at home... though I have Virtual PC and I
could dial up the network that way, I'd rather not.

My company's servers are behind a firewall, so the process gets a little
more complicated. (i.e. no Timbuktu and its ilk)

I have researched a product called "Dave" (cute name) whose spiel says it
will do all that and more. (Info at http://tss1.thursby.com.)

The IT folks, of course, are rolling their eyes and snickering to each
other, "Why doesn't she get a *real* computer?" Let's just not even go
there, shall we??? If any of you out there want to tell me that, too, don't
bother.

I have all my cross-platform issues in line. Now, if I could only access my
files and my work e-mail account...

Any and all suggestions/experiences/etc. welcome.

Thanks,

Dina Davidson
Technical Publications Coordinator/Technical Communicator
Xantrex Technology Inc.
mailto:dinad -at- xantrex -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=