Re: What am I worth?

Subject: Re: What am I worth?
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:20:14 -0400

Oh good G-d, not this thread again! Your worth is based on your contribution
and potential, and don't forget your self-respect. (Please refer to my many
"lump the bad" and "do something" posts for clarification.)

Now, to get on to your SPECIFIC question... ;-)

You'll be (solid) entry-level material. I don't know where this company is
located, so I can't give you a salary range to shoot for (different
geographical areas command different salary ranges due to cost of living and
competition differences). Many colleges forget to teach you that... I was
disillusioned as well... "Oh, with a BS in TechComm from such a school as
RPI you're bound to land a $35k-$40k a year job..." What they fail to
mention is WHERE. This range doesn't hold true for areas like... oh, I don't
know... Albany NY? ;-)

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:wswallow -at- commsoft -dot- net>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=