What do you want to be called?

Subject: What do you want to be called?
From: LynnMc -at- EXABYTE -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:27:19 -0600

In an article that I submitted recently to a technical journal, one of the
reviewers suggested I change my identification of "technical writer" to
"technical communicator," saying that the latter term is now more commonly
used.

Just to qualify a little, documentation is the primary occupation of the
professionals described in my article. I have my own reasons for wanting to
leave the term technical writer, but I want your opinions. If you were
reading about yourself or your colleagues in an article, would you rather
see a reference to technical writers or technical communicators?

Please respond offline. I'll tally results and post them if anyone's
interested.

Thanks much,

Lynn McGee
lynnmc -at- exabyte -dot- com