Re: What do you want to be called? (less serious)

Subject: Re: What do you want to be called? (less serious)
From: Thom Randolph <thom -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:54:16 -0700

At 06:42 PM 8/16/99 -0700, Cheryle W wrote:
>Although I've been known to refer to myself as a Documentation Goddess or
>Word Monkey I prefer plain ol' Technical Writer.
>Technical Communicator sounds too darn ... well ... Dilberty for my taste.
>:)

Sometimes levity helps. I'm the main writer on a product
known as MAPS. When the product is in pure chaos, I
sometimes refer to myself as "the MAPS doc whipping boy".
Maybe not professionally empowering, but it gets the
idea across, and indeed it makes them give me MORE work.

Regards to all,

Thom Randolph
thom -at- halcyon -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=