screen capture size

Subject: screen capture size
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark -at- MEMCO -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:46:26 +0200

Kimber asks:
What is the prevailing sentiment regarding the size of screen captures
in an 8.5 x 11" document? Obviously, 100% of actual is far too large.

** Well, nothing is obvious. If you're dealing with a small section
of the screen and detail is very important, you may want 100%.

If sometimes you want to show the whole screen and sometimes you
want to show only sections of the screen, then you may want to
use two or three different magnifications. But I would recommend
against using too many different magnifications, lest the book
begin to look like a bad 3D movie.

Too high a magnification will make the document look childish,
but at too low a magnification the illustration may be hard to
understand.

That's the prevailing sentiment among, er, me.

Mark L. Levinson - Memco Ltd. - Wallenberg 24 - 69719 Tel Aviv - Israel
tel. 03-6450049 (home 09-9552411 or 09-9555720, shoe phone 051-377181)
fax 03-6450001, e-mail mark -at- memco -dot- co -dot- il (home nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il)
Work shouldn't hurt. Fight repetitive strain injuries:
International RSI Awareness Day 29 Feb 2000, http://www.ctdrn.org/rsiday/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=