Re: TW's in Massachusetts...

Subject: Re: TW's in Massachusetts...
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:08:23 -0400

I have to concur that the telecommunications industry is BEGGING for
technical writers... a lot's happened since the deregulation of service, and
with the explosion of PCS there's a ton of documentation that needs to be
written. Note that there are many different possibilities here: you can work
for a carrier, a manufacturer, a software house (like me), or
telecommunications consulting firms that dabble in all of the above. Then,
of course, you have the FCC and other government organizations surrounding
all this... it's quite an interesting industry to be in; very fluid in
technology trends.

BTW & FWIW... I do consider Web development to be an extension of technical
writing. After all, 80-90% of it is content and markup. Scripting and
graphic design only makes up a small fraction of what we see on the Web.
Sure, there are tons of sites out there with bells, whistles, gongs and
shloads of graphics and other visual/audio media... but most of that is
recycled within each page of a site - it's the content that is mostly
unique.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:wswallow -at- commsoft -dot- net>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=