Re: Versatility - how much is a good thing?

Subject: Re: Versatility - how much is a good thing?
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:33:28 -0700

I find my internal customers every bit as important as my external
customers.

My internal customers come to me when they have a documentation problem or
challenge (never to write a letter).

I also gladly accept letters, papers, and the such to edit.

If I do a good job writing a press release, or editing a series of FAQ's, it
only makes my whole organization look good.

Besides (wink, wink) the next time I have trouble understanding some C code
stuff I am studying at the University, the software engineer will remember
back to when I helped her by editing a white paper, and help me understand
the C code in return.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Senior Technical Writer
Tektronix, Inc.
* Phone: 503.627.4079
* Email: barry -dot- kieffer -at- tek -dot- com

> Lindsey (LDurway -at- PAV -dot- COM) says:
> >When you can't wriggle out of an internal doc job,
> >make it inconvenient for them. Ask too many questions.
> >Misunderstand their requests.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=