Re: A "Thread" in RoboHelp Online Help

Subject: Re: A "Thread" in RoboHelp Online Help
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:40:00 -0700

What do the users need? Or what do we want to shoehorn them into using?

I used to use the Microsoft Word manual to fill idle time by opening it up
at random and finding a new thing. You can't do that any more. The manual
tells you about a few rather mundane tasks and that's it. The rest is in the
help. Ah yes, but is it?

What if I just want to poke around and see what this puppy does? I don't
have any "problem" to solve. I'm not trying to do anything at all. I'm just
curious. A browse sequence just might let me follow a thread I didn't know
I wanted.

For example, maybe browse sequences in MSWord would help more of us figure
out how to multi-doc tables of contents/indexes before going postal.

Just a thought (which I really should be having in spanish! eek!)

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

The English Renaissance is alive at