Re: Click only or Only click

Subject: Re: Click only or Only click
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:50:48 -0400

Hallo:

IMHO and FWIW, etc.:

Let's say the button is called "Destruct."

Then, I'd write, "Click Destruct."

The fact that "Destruct" is a button seems both obvious and
irrelevant--unless your GUI uses the same label on more than one element?

The fact that "Destruct" is in the dialog box seems also irrelevant, as is
the fact that the dialog box is a dialog box and not a sheet or window.

If your intent is to specifically warn users not to click something else,
even by accident, then I'd add a Caution in addition to the instruction. I'd
not fuss with the word "only."

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=