JOB: Technical illustrator needed

Subject: JOB: Technical illustrator needed
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:58:38 -0400

(Crossposted to techwr-l and copyediting-l)

FERIC is seeking a graphic artist capable of doing technical
illustrations (of moderate to low complexity) and drawings
(cartoons, illustrations, sketches). The primary tools for the job will
be CorelDraw and Photoshop, but there's likely to be a fair amount
of work in Microsoft PowerPoint and Macromedia Dreamweaver as
well; those last two skills are assets, not requirements. All work
will be done on Windows PCs. Ideally, the person should be
moderately knowledgeable about the forest industry, but that would
be an unexpected bonus.

The work involves a short-term contract (probably 3 months, with
possible extensions), and could evolve into a permanent position
once Management finalizes their goals for our graphics group.
Hours are negotiable, and could conceivably range from 20 hours
per week right up to a full 40-hour week.

If you're interested in the job or know someone who might be,
please contact me or Simon Riffou (simon-r -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca) directly
by e-mail, or by phone at 514-694-1140. The job would be near
Montreal, in the West Island suburb of Pointe-Claire, and we need
someone who can work on-site rather than telecommuting. FERIC
is a bilingual (French and English) workplace, so candidates must
be functionally bilingual, even if they're not fluent.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Perhaps there is something deep and profound behind all those sevens,
something just calling out for us to discover it. But I
suspect that it is only a pernicious, Pythagorean coincidence." George
Miller, "The Magical Number Seven" (1956)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=