Re: American Grammar Book

Subject: Re: American Grammar Book
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- ALLDATA -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 07:52:21 -0400

My favorite grammar/usage book remains Roy H. Copperud's "American Usage and
Style: The Consensus."

>From a rhetorical standpoint, may I recommend anything by E. P. J. Corbett,
PhD. I had a chance to take a couple of classed with Prof. Corbett, who was
one of the foremost rhetoricians in the latter half of the 20th Century.
Not only was he a delightful gentleman, he had a wonderful practical
appreciation for the subtleties of American Grammar and Rhetoric. I think
his most well known work is "The Little Book of Grammar And Rhetoric."

Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer, Alliance Data Systems, Inc.
CAD4A - (614)729-4364
Fax: (614)729-4499
mailto:tmurrell -at- alldata -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=