Re: How do I learn to write macros?

Subject: Re: How do I learn to write macros?
From: Mark Magennis <markmagennis -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:25:01 -0700

When learning to write Word macros, it can be a great help to
record something that does near to what you want, then look at
the code it has produced.

On the Tools menu, select Macro, then Macros. Click Edit in the
Macro window to look at the macro code in the Visual Basic
Editor. The editor also lets you to insert breaks into the code
so that the macro stops at a certain point and you can look at
the values of all the attributes of the objects it is using
(another very good way of learning Word Visual Basic).

If you have never done any programming then this may all sound a
bit daunting and I would strongly recommend looking for a
suitable novice's book.

The online help is worth looking at too, although it may not
have been installed with Office 2000, in which case you'll have
to install it from the CD.

Mark

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=