Re: Mystery in Frame spellchecker

Subject: Re: Mystery in Frame spellchecker
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:46:31 -0400

The spell checker isn't finding duplicate characters, it's displaying a
control
character and the "real" character.

Frame uses the slash as a preface for special characters. For example, if
you're
searching a document for a tab stop, you'd put a \t in the find field, if
you
were searching for a paragraph end, you'd use \p, and so on. The \\ probably

isn't what's triggering the spell checker at all -- it's just showing you
the
correct character string as it appears in ASCII (in order to display or
print
the slash, which is ordinarily used as a control, FM requires \\, to remind
the
spell checker that in this case, it isn't a special character). The entire
control sequence is what's triggering the spell checker, as it should.

Nothing to worry about.

Art

Art Campbell
Technical Publications