JOB: Richmond, BC

Subject: JOB: Richmond, BC
From: Jane Credland <jane_credland -at- EPICDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:07:55 -0700

A job posting at my company follows. Please don't respond to me. Send
your resume and cover letter to the address below.

Jane
jane_credland -at- epicdata -dot- com

Position: Intermediate or Senior Technical Writer
Location: Richmond, British Columbia

Epic Data Inc. is seeking a full-time intermediate or senior technical
writer to join our busy technical communication team. Epic Data is an
established, international supplier of integrated automated data
collection software that operates on a variety of platforms, including
Windows NT and UNIX.

Our Technical Communication Group produces user manuals, reference
guides, online help, training guides, and other printed and online
documentation for both a technical and an end user audience.

Job duties include:

· Researching software products under development
· Planning and scheduling documentation projects
· Writing, editing, and formatting technical documentation
· Preparing online help and printed materials for publication
· Developing training materials
· Organize usability testing of online help and printed materials
· Editing and updating existing printed and on-line help documents
· Working with the group to improve structure, presentation, and clarity
of documents
· Promote technical communication activities within the company.

Required skills and experience:

· Degree in English, Communication, Journalism, or a certificate in
Professional Writing
· Three to five years experience writing technical documentation in the
computer software or hardware industry
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Experience with FrameMaker, RoboHELP, Adobe Acrobat, graphics, and
screen capture programs
· Experience with Windows NT and Unix
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently within a team environment

Salary: Commensurate with experience

To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter
to:

Epic Data Inc.
Director, Human Resources
7280 River Road