How do you document customized windows?

Subject: How do you document customized windows?
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:04:51 -0400

Hi again,

I'm currently writing an HTML help file for a software product that can be
customized based on client specifications. Text box labels, required
fields,
and forms, etc. can all be changed by the clients account manager. My
dilemma
is... how to document an application that could potentially look different
for
every client? I've added a disclaimer statement to the help file alerting
them
that their screens may look different, but thought you might have some
interesting experience with this sort of scenario. This is a rough example
of
what I'm proposing:

To add an adjuster note, follow these steps:

From the Claim Summary sub-form, click Adjuster Notes. The Adjuster
Notes
list appears.
Click the Add Note button. The Adjuster Notes sub-form appears.
Enter the appropriate information, then click the Save Note button.
Click the Cancel Add button to close the sub-form without saving the
note.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Michelle