Re: Marvel at my stupidity

Subject: Re: Marvel at my stupidity
From: Suzie Elliott <suziee -at- MCCALLPATTERN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:08:00 +0100

>It was just last year that I realized that the verse in the Christmas
>song "Jingle Bells" wasn't "...one horse soap and sleigh..."

As a ten-year-old, I thought Curly was singing about a surrey with
"highsy-class curtains you can roll right down." Nope, isenglass
curtains! Whatever the heck *they* are.

And instead of "round yon virgin mother and child" (I swear this is
true), I used to sing "Long John Silver, mother and child."

When you don't have the facts, make some up!

spe/nyc

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=