Re: stay on or get off

Subject: Re: stay on or get off
From: Kevin McGowan <mcgowan -at- LORAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:02:14 -0400

Hi there Jane,

I have heard the following philosophy, and subscribe to it: "The day to
start looking for a new job is the day you start a new job" or words to that
effect. Basically, always have your ear to the ground, constantly network.

This doesn't mean that you are going to jump ship at the next possible
opportunity, it just means that you are looking out for yourself. That also
gives you the chance to really pick and choose. My last job was a bomb, and
it took me 6 months to find a better one. I had several interviews, a few
opportunities, but nothing seemed good enough. As another wise tech writer
once said "consider it a subsidized job search."

Politics...geez, now you're really looking to start a thread. I know you
have fallen victim to that (so did I, remarkably similar situations, no?).
Some politicking is inevitable, but when it consumes the group, that's the
first clue to put your resume on Monster Board.

have a good one!

-Kevin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=