Word 97 -- Borders around text?

Subject: Word 97 -- Borders around text?
From: Keith Long <vds -at- KGLONGWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:53:12 -0500

Hello,

Is there a way to place a a "single-line" border under selected text in a
Word 97 document? (Using the regular "underlining" feature of the word
processor is not sufficient--as I need space between the line and text.) I
can place a "box" around text, but not a single line underneath (although I
can place a single line under a paragraph). Any advice is welcome! I
suppose I will have to use the drawing tools to insert a line?

Thank you.

Keith Long

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=