Re: How much job hopping is OK and how to explain it?

Subject: Re: How much job hopping is OK and how to explain it?
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:26:02 -0400

I guess it really depends on how many hops you've made, what the positions
were, what types of companies they were for and what your duration was.

I personally wouldn't consider someone who has hopped through 3 or more jobs
@ about 3 months per job doing relatively the same thing. This situation
flags the candidate (rightfully or not) as someone who is hard to satisfy
professionally; most work places are hectic enough, and extra baggage
doesn't help.

I'm not a hiring manager at this point, but that's my take on the situation.
However, if the candidate can show solid rational reasons for the quick
hops, I'd put my gut feelings aside.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Software Corporation
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:wswallow -at- commsoft -dot- net>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=