Re: Use v. utilize (was Re: Simple Verbiage Question)

Subject: Re: Use v. utilize (was Re: Simple Verbiage Question)
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:46:50 -0700

Chris,

Clearly you are not being paid by the word. A much better sentence would
be:

"In order to utilize our strategic documentation plans, we plan to
empower upper management with the ability to terminate individuals with
extreme prejudice."

Now there's a sentence into which one can sink his incisors. Perhaps you
should spend more time on the documentation plantation...