Did I screw up or what?

Subject: Did I screw up or what?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:41:26 -0700

I made a major mistake in dealing with one of the
developers for an application I'm documenting in HC
and online help, so I'm telling all of you so you can
avoid the same situation. What did I know...I'm only
on my third week!

This morning I had my second session with a developer
to discuss the changes to V2 of an app I'm working on.
After he showed me the component of the application
that he had written, I remarked that I was impressed
with how well it was implemented and how the user was
led through a series of complex screens in an
intuitive manner.

Geezzzz...you would have thought that nobody ever said
a nice word to him about his program. He turned from
the type of developer who answers with a one-word
replies into a chattering magpie. I only had an hour
to spend with him...there I am packing my case and
notebook and he's saying "Let me show you another
part..."

Beware....don't let this happen to you!

:-)

===
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
732-594-0873