Re: Engineer to Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Engineer to Tech Writer
From: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 09:36:10 PDT

Megan asks:

I've been working as a applications engineer at a small company and among
the many hats I wear is tech writer. I've enjoyed the writing and am
considering moving my career in that direction.

Thoughts, comments?

Tony Markatos responds:

I document complex business software systems. In doing such, the primary
thing to be done is to gain a clear and concise understanding of the
essetential end user tasks to be accomplished and how all of those tasks
interrelate. This is analysis. Engineers are strong in analysis skills.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=