Subject: [techwr-l] RE: That raise and promotion
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:18:53 -0700

Seems to me that the position of senior/lead writer depends on skills and
experience, not on the fact that you are the only writer. And the ability to
verbally present and persuade is an essential skill for a senior/lead
writer. So maybe it would be a good idea to brush up on your presentations
skills. Plan and rehearse alone (in front of a mirror will tell you alot
about how you present yourself) and then rehearse in front of someone you
really trust who will give you honest, thoughtful feedback. Some friends of
mine swear by Toastmasters for helping them in this area.

Presenting a case for a raise and promotion would be a great opportunity to
start honing this skill...

Good luck

-- Meg

As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

From