Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity

Subject: Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity
From: "jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:25:48 -0400

I'd also say that too much process is a bad, bad, BAD thing if you want to
advance your career without playing 'the game' like a pro or the devil
himself. Being really low on the Process Maturity scale is also pretty bad,
too, not only for the hours you work, but how abusive the employer can be
about it--not to mention, unless people are throwing money at them, they can
be really cheap. Nothing like spending 5% of your time waiting for your
computer to execute commands!

A low process maturity can also be bad for morale--especially when it's not
a start-up that everyone has high hopes for.

I'd say the company I'm at is a 1. Sometimes, the processes that are
followed are followed absolutely pedantically, which is how a '5' company
stifles its employees.

Whoa! Hope this thread continues!

Jane