RE: Estimating Complex Projects?

Subject: RE: Estimating Complex Projects?
From: "Lathrop, Sarah" <Sarah-Lathrop -at- forum-financial -dot- com>
To: "'Anthony Markatos'" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:34:24 -0400

Tony,

You might want to check out the article "Stop Guesstimating, Start Estimating!" on this web site: http://www.fredcomm.com/

Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Markatos [mailto:tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 4:36 PM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Estimating Complex Projects?

Question for all listerv members:

How do you estimate a documentation project for a complex software system?
I have read estimating "rules-of thumb" of a couple of pages per day.
However, that still leaves the following questions:

1.) How do you know how many pages will be required?

2.) Isn't there a significant up-front analysis phase BEFORE any pages are
created? (Isn't the common rap against programmers about prematurely
jumping into implementation just as appropriate to Technical Writers?)

All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: Sarah-Lathrop -at- FORUM-FINANCIAL -dot- COM
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-