Re: Dialog Box Question

Subject: Re: Dialog Box Question
From: Chuck <writer -at- best -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:45:39 -0700

It's just an edit box and not a spinbox with a default value? The latter
is more useful--and clearer--design.

If it's a Windows product, the correct terminology for checkboxes is
"select" and "clear."

If there is no other label, I'd probably summarize the line as
unambiguously as possible, perhaps something like this:

"Select the list rows of links checkbox and choose how many links a row
must have before it is listed."

--
"Online help should ignore first-time users and concentrate
on those people who are already successful using the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

*****LEGAL NOTICE TO ALL BULK E-MAILERS*****

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all nonsolicited
commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.