Re: Inserting Postscript commands into Word

Subject: Re: Inserting Postscript commands into Word
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "Carl L. Young" <carl -at- digipubcorp -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:37:42 -0500

At 10:37 AM 9/7/99, Carl L. Young wrote:

I know how to put PS commands into a FrameMaker file, but I don't know how
to do it in Word 97. Any Word gurus out there who can help out?

You can send PostScript programming strings to your printer by inserting PRINT field codes in the document text. Word sends the commands to the printer as native PostScript codes. PostScript commands embedded in your document are carried out in the order in which you insert them. Use the following syntax: { PRINT \p Group "Codes " }

You can find more info if you open up the Word help Contents and Index, and search on "PostScript".

--
Beth Friedman
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com