Tape Recording End Users & SMEs

Subject: Tape Recording End Users & SMEs
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:14:55 PDT

Questions for all listserv members:

1.) Do you tape record your interviews with end users and/or SMEs? If so, why? If not, why?

2.) Is tape recording frequently utilized? (I have been reviewing postings to this listserv for some time and do not recall a single posting on this subject. Also, a check of the archives yielded only one archived posting.)

I seek responses because I conduct a lot of interviews and (especially for complex systems) sometimes find myself "snowed-under". All responses appreciated.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)