Re: What to do when there are multiple paths

Subject: Re: What to do when there are multiple paths
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Melanie Shook" <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:30:36 -0700

When I have worked on applications like this, I pick one mouse way - the
simplest is usually the button or icon - and one keyboard way. Then I say
"Do one of the following:" followed by 2 bullets that explain each. I always
put the mouse way first and the other second. If they click an icon, I show
it in the margin tucked up to the step it applies to. It is important that
once you choose which is first, you always do it that way. Consistent.

I might put a note in the margin next to the step that they can drag and
drop, if there is room and if the audience is appropriate. I would toss it
if it made the page too dense or complicated. My thoughts...

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!