RE: Using annotations in a compiled help file for review

Subject: RE: Using annotations in a compiled help file for review
From: "JonesW" <JonesW -at- aurorabio -dot- com>
To: "'Patrick O'Brien'" <patrick -dot- obrien -at- pobox -dot- com>, "'Techwr-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:05:44 -0700

Annotations are stored in a .ANN file, usually in the same place as the help
file. There is no easy way to print out this file because it's not stored in
a text format. After creating the annotations you should be able to include
the .ann file when you deliver the help file. To be sure though, I would
write-protect this file first.

Annotations are quirky and not very useful for most situations. I'd like to
find out how many techwrls regularly use annotations.

Walter Jones
Senior Technical Writer
Aurora Biosciences
jonesw -at- aurorabio -dot- com