Re: FrontPage 98 styles misery

Subject: Re: FrontPage 98 styles misery
From: Abby_Schiff -at- factset -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:59:18 -0400

One caveat here: In my experience, CSS works better in IE 3.x and higher
than in Netscape. Although Netscape Navigator 4.x and higher support CSS
(sort of), its support of styles inside tables leaves MUCH to be desired.
This can make things dicey if you're using page templates that place all
body-text into a table!!

FWIW,
Abby Schiff

====
Steve (stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com) wrote:

>> I'm writing to you with my FrontPage horrors again...
>> Why is it that reapplying a style to a messed-up format does not work? I
>> can't find anything in the online Help system about this.

> Bag the directly applied fonts altogether and go with Cascading
> Style Sheets. FrontPage 98 supports style sheets but forces you
> to set them up manually. Style sheets easily and cleanly replace
> everything you can do with font tags and, according to statmarket.com,
> they are supported by 95% of the browsers in use on the WWW.
>
> To get rid of the font tags, simply select a range of text and
> from the Format menu, select Remove Formatting.

- snip -