RE: Menu bar or Menubar?

Subject: RE: Menu bar or Menubar?
From: "Brad" <kiwi -at- best -dot- com>
To: "Doctor Heart" <lonestar -at- nesma -dot- net -dot- sa>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:42:50 -0700

> I just read your reply, and chuckled. My answer was based on Microsoft
> internal docs. Apparently Microsoft is not consistent with its own style
> manual. :-)

(I hope I'm still on topic. I think I am.)

You just brought me a chuckle. I work with an engineer with whom I would
discuss GUI issues, and the engineer's favorite line was, "Microsoft does it
this way." Finally, I got tired of that line and told him, "Yes, you're
right. If you look long enough through enough Microsoft applications,
documents, Web pages, etc., you'll eventually find something to match what
you're saying." He never pulled that line on me again.

I vote for toolbar, taskbar, and menu bar ala the Microsoft Manual of Style.
(There! I'm on topic! Phfew!)