Taming the Wild, Wild I.S.

Subject: Taming the Wild, Wild I.S.
From: "Humbird, Len - CFC" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:11:48 -0700

Hi,

I'm contracting for a company that was recently spun off, and is having
difficulty managing their own I.S./I.T. department. There is virtually NO
formal process to manage, coordinate or control software projects and
resources here! So... I am looking for *samples* of the following types of
standard internal documentation to implement:

* Proposal for new/updated software development project
* Requirements Specification Template
* Design Specification Template
* User Interface Standards (for Windows/PeopleSoft applications)
* QA Methodology Standards
* Test Plan Template
* User Acceptance/Signoff Template

The IS/IT department provides information resources and services for the
rest of the company. It is mostly a PeopleSoft environment.

Can someone point me in the right direction for some ideas on the format and
layout of these templates and standards?