Re: Taming the Wild, Wild I.S.

Subject: Re: Taming the Wild, Wild I.S.
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- netcom -dot- com>
To: sharris -at- dkl -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

(is it just me, or is everybody seeing lots of duplicate posts from
the past few days? )

Humbird, Len - CFC (asked for hepl on IS/IT process docs)f

Steven J. Owens (that's me) suggested the SEI's website or Steve
McConnel's books.

Sandy Harris writes:
> Good suggestions, but you missed the one that would be at the top of
> my list. Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man-Month".

Brooks is actually high on my usual recommended reading list for
requests about the actual software development process, but the post
was about doc layout for software processes, so I kept it succint.
Brooks is one of my favorite authors on the topic, if only because
of some really nice quotes about the importance of documentation.

> A 20th or 25th anniversary re-issue with some added chapters came
> out a year or two ago. I'd say this is required reading for anyone
> in either software development or project management.

Probably includes his "no silver bullets" essay from a few years
back.

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com