RE: Do alarms always sound? (Do they EVER sound?)

Subject: RE: Do alarms always sound? (Do they EVER sound?)
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- home -dot- com>
To: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:53:35 -0500

Caveat: In a previous job, I designed and installed large-scale video
security systems. This included the use of varying types of alarms and
triggers (virtual and physical, digital and analog.) In my experience:

You can configure (the product) to trigger an alarm when (specified
condition exists.)

You can configure an alarm to be triggered when (specified condition exists.)

You can configure the system to sound a claxton and activate strobe lights
when an alarm is triggered (by the specified condition.)

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory/search1.htm