Tech Agencies

Subject: Tech Agencies
From: Shelley Hoose <shoose -at- mail -dot- metro -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:33:33 -0700

Hi all,

Here's the question again, this time complete (and thank you to those who
took the time to reply, requesting more info from my previous e-mail):

I'm about to strike out as a contractor. While I haven't been employed as a
tech writer per se, I have some tech writing experience (various user docs
for previous employers, editing for medical publications),lots of marcom
and business writing experience, and have completed a tech writing class.

Two questions:
1. As a relatively entry-level tech writer with lots of transferable
skills, is it reasonable to think I'll be able to get contract work?( I
have developed a decent portfolio, however.)

2. I'd like to work through an agency to start with, if possible, to
ensure work. I am unfamiliar with any tech agencies in my neck of the woods
-- the San Francisco Bay Area -- or how to research where they are. Any
leads on how to search out agencies would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shelley