Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?

Subject: Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dan Caldwell <DCaldwell -at- gohighspeed -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, I don't have the time to look at job ads or STC
studies...I'm too busy working as a Technical Writer.
:-)

> I'm seeing an increased number of online and printed
> job adds that are
> calling for Information Developers instead of
> Technical Writers. I've
> also noticed that "Technical Writers" is not listed
> in the "Who Belongs
> to STC?" section of the latest STC brochure.
>
> Any thoughts on this trend?

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard