Re: Who dreams up these things?

Subject: Re: Who dreams up these things?
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:21:16 PDT

Andrew Plato said:

Why do you need a process to work? Can't you just write the manual? I
mean - how XXXXX hard is it to write a manual. I'm a moron and I do it all the time.

Tony Markatos responds:

The objective in technical communications is not to write a manual the way a moron would. It is to create clear, concise, end-user-focused documentation.

Creating such documentation is difficult. It is very difficult (if not impossible) when the design staff does not follow a disciplined process. Software created in an ad-hoc fashion is always very primitive.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)