Re: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion

Subject: Re: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've been staying out of this discussion. However, I
did two contracts at the same company.

During the first contract, the company was was only
just workiing on CMM/ISO and by the time I did the
second contract had reached both CMM Level 4/ISO 9000
certification and pretty much passed for Level 5 by
the time I left.

See their blurb at
http://www.telcordia.com/newsroom/pressreleases/990525cmm.html

I can say that the results were that much more
software went out on time with less defects and
hundreds of thousands of pages of documentation went
from mid-70% customer satisfaction rating to mid-90's.

These results weren't based on someone's belief...they
are based on real customer input and statistics.

Coincidence? Maybe

> Don't pick at it; it'll get infected...
>
> If you want to do business in Europe, there's a
> pretty good chance you need to have
> a process and you need to prove that you follow the
> process.
>
> If you don't have the process you have to have
> discipline and talent. Not all of us
> have those two things in the abundance you do. (Not
> said facetiously, by the way.)

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard