Re: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion

Subject: Re: Level 1, Level 2, Level 9 billion
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:20:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I read your recent post with interest.
>
> Question: What is the relationship between CMM and
> ISO? Know of any good
> web sites discussing such?

Someone asked me a question that I thought might be of
interest to the participants in this discussion. I'll
bet that some of you are for or against the concepts
without really knowing much about them....you know who
you are.

Some of you know a great deal about it and you know
who you are too.

------------------
CMM is directed toward the process for running the
company and ISO is directed toward the proces of
making a product. There are other differences, but the
links at the bottom should address some issues.

They are two different programs and entities, but if a
company is strong on one, the other is easier because
the mental mindset is directed that way.

CMM:
http://rbse.jsc.nasa.gov:80/process_maturity/CMM/TR25/

ISO:
http://www.iso.ch/

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard