In-house printing: another note in favor!

Subject: In-house printing: another note in favor!
From: "Geoff Hart" <Geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:28:04 -0400

I know, I know... I was the one who said "just say no!" last week.
But Martin Smith's comment reminded me that for short-run color,
doing it in-house may make sense even if you allow for the cost of
your own time. For those who are interested, Tektronix just came
out with an interesting offer for those who are working in the U.S.: a
free color printer! The only catch that I noted in a cursory
inspection is that you must buy a certain amount of ink per month
from the company. That's pretty much a steal, since Tektronix
makes excellent printers. If you're interested, have a look at the
following URL for full details: www.printersforfree.com

I hope that's it... can't find the article that mentioned this, and didn't
bookmark the site. If not, have a look at Tektronix's web site.
Lexmark is doing something similar, but I don't have a URL (odds
are it's www.lexmark.com).

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca (Pointe-Claire, Quebec)
"Perhaps there is something deep and profound behind all those sevens, something just calling out for us to discover it. But I
suspect
that it is only a pernicious, Pythagorean coincidence." George Miller, "The Magical Number Seven" (1956)