OT help w/ Word and Excel 97

Subject: OT help w/ Word and Excel 97
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:55:57 -0400

Hallo:

I need some PDQ help with Excel and Word 97.

I need to include an Excel spreadsheet in Word 97 SR-2. The excel
spreadsheet is just a little too large, so I want to insert the spreadsheet
as an object and resize it in Word. Linking is not needed. When I try this,
the range of used cells plus all the unused cells imports as the object. How
can I create set up the Excel spreadsheet such that only used cells are
included in the object that I import.

Or, is there another way to do this? Anyone recommend a great way to get a
little-too-large spreadsheet from Excel 97 into Word.

As an aside, Word gives me a memory error when trying to import a PDF as an
object. I've never done this before with Word. Whassup? I've got oodles of
HDD memory and RAM.

Thanks.

Answer needed PDQ

Sean