Re: Frame -> HTML

Subject: Re: Frame -> HTML
From: "Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- omnimark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:46:40 -0400

Brierley, Sean wrote

>> If this is enough for you, great. Don't make your life more complicated.
>> But
>> it is only scratching the surface of what is possible in single sourcing.
>> There are many other ways to create a source and many other ways to
>> process
>> that source to create documents, or web pages, or anything else you like.
>>
>Okay, true. Boy, you guys must be ISO certified! I have limited staff,
>limited time.

We too have limited staff and limited time. Thankfully, this does not
prevent us producing our documents in paper, HTML, WinHelp and PDF formats,
with each output implementing the design we want for the media we are
addressing. This is because all formatting is created automatically by
OmniMark programs.

Yes, we devote a lot of time to maintaining and updating those programs as
our designs change, but that expense is more than compensated for by the
fact that we have a collaborative work environment in which process
information and information history is preserved and exchanged. Combined
with the fact that writers do no formatting or pre-production chores, this
gives us very high writer productivity.

It is not just a question of using our own product. A DTP based system would
be much more expensive for us.

---
Mark Baker
Senior Technical Communicator