bold the colon?

Subject: bold the colon?
From: "Chuck" <writer -at- best -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:07:29 -0700

This is probably a style issues, as in "do whatever your company's style
is," but this is a new company, I'm the only tech writer, and there is no
style guide. The question:

In reference documentation, documenting the various UI elements on screen, I
create lists such as
Widget1: Widget1 description.
Widget2: Widget2 description.
Widget3: Widget3 description.
and so on......

I apply bold to "Widget1" and "Widget2." Should I apply bold to the colon as
well?

Note: Normally I wouldn't produce documentation fomratted this way,
preferring to use more fine-grained context-sensitive Help. It's not an
option here though, where my only practical option is to produce
higher-level HTML files.

I hope this doesn't turn into another holy war. <g>

Many thanks,
Chuck Martin
writer -at- best -dot- com