Courier

Subject: Courier
From: JK Wilson <JKWilson -at- concentric -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 18:29:15 -0400

Another issue regarding the appropriateness of Courier and the audience is
one I haven't seen come up before. A designer I know once told me of an
experience she had doing a newsletter for a non-profit children's home that
depended on donations. When she switched from typeset Palatino to
cut'n'paste Courier, donations went up 300%. Apparently donors resented a
newsletter that looked like the home was wasting money on typesetting
(actually it was donated, but the prospective donors didn't know that). By
the same token, you wouldn't want to do that on a brochure for Tiffany's.

JK Wilson
The Park Century Group, Ltd.