OT: Dreamweaver: intranet link to Internet?

Subject: OT: Dreamweaver: intranet link to Internet?
From: "Geoff Hart" <Geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:07:51 -0400

I'm trying to figure out how to code a link from our intranet to an
external Web site in Dreamweaver. Simply selecting the text that
will form the link, and defining the link as http://www.fakename.com
in the property inspector toolbox doesn't open the connection and
connect to fakename.com

Any suggestions on how to activate this link? Off-list replies would
be fine, since this doesn't really relate to techwr-l business. Thanks
in advance.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca (Pointe-Claire, Quebec)
"Perhaps there is something deep and profound behind all those sevens, something just calling out for us to discover it. But I
suspect
that it is only a pernicious, Pythagorean coincidence." George Miller, "The Magical Number Seven" (1956)